"At MMIC, we try our best to anticipate and meet the needs of customers in the ever changing health care industry. We are more than a liability insurance company—we work in the trenches right alongside our customers."
D. Michelle Kinneer, RN, MSN, JD, CPHRM, CHC, CHPC
Sr. Risk and Patient Safety Consultant, MMIC
- HIPAA, Compliance
- Critical Care/Emergency Services
- Enterprise Risk Management
- BS in Nursing, Southeast Missouri State University
- MSN in Nursing Administration, Univ of South Alabama, Mobile
- JD from Southern Illinois Univ Carbondale
- American Society Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM): on Journal Editorial Board and member
- Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Risk Management (WSHRM)
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- National Association of Directors of Nursing in Long Term Care (NADONA/LTC)
D. Michelle works collaboratively with clients, proactively and in trying times, supporting their health care teams so they can continue delivering great care. Prior to joining MMIC in 2014, Michelle served 10 years as Risk Manager / Patient Safety Officer /Compliance Officer for Fort Madison Community Hospital. Early on in Michelle’s health care career, she became known as someone others could rely on to remain calm and collected in stressful situations. Being a resource and helping clients work through challenges is truly one of her favorite roles.
She’s often on-site to provide education, allowing her to engage every level of the organization in defining their role in providing safe, quality processes to best serve their patients. Through resources including HIPAAHelp@mmicgroup.com and webinars, Michelle assists clients facing changes in the regulatory schemes that impact their practices. A life-long learner, Michelle continues to build her skills so she can be an asset to customers. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Leadership at Piedmont International University.
03/29/2017 - Iowa
04/20/2017 - Iowa
2017 IMGMA Spring Conference (Iowa Medical Group Management Association)
Date Published: 04/01/2016
Date Published: 01/15/2015