Strength in numbers while keeping your independence
Constellation shares the vision, culture and philosophies of physician-owned organizations, focusing on policyholders, not shareholders or stock prices.
Member companies remain independent while leveraging each other’s strengths in order to protect from consolidation and improve competitiveness, all while serving the unique needs of individual markets.
We are enjoying the many benefits of collaboration. Coverage has been expanded for hospitals and long-term care facilities, cyber-liability coverage has been enhanced and patient safety solutions have been bolstered.
Ron Miller, M.D.
Chairman of the Board
UMIA Insurance, Inc.
- Finances used to maintain your existing high cost of business and support can be reallocated to other areas providing leverage and flexibility where you need it most.
- Provide more data-driven patient safety, risk management and provider support services to clients. Constellation continues to build and scale regarding to capabilities and functionality geared to brokers and clients.
- Constellation continues to drive forward thinking services and solutions around risk management and the Triple Aim.
- Gain thought leadership by joining a larger pool of experts in the industry that continue to drive toward innovative new solutions and expanded opportunities.
TALENT FOR GEOGRAPHIC
- Expand market share by leveraging talent across disciplines from claims, to consulting to IT. Leverage existing corporate subject matter experts and use Constellations’ reach and networks to find recruiting talent.
- Partnership provides access to an executive team to assist with succession planning and/or a business exit strategy. To include legal and compliance for business owners looking for guidance.
& SHARED COST
- As part of a larger partnership that allows companies to add scale to their portfolio, the ability to share costs and reduce risk are key benefits for increasing profitability.
- Leverage compensation, benefits, work-life balance, performance and recognition, career development and training, employee relations and compliance.
& PATIENT SAFETY
- Includes a variety of consultants who specialize in strategies to minimize risk by improving patient outcomes and reducing the threat of medical professional liability claims.
- Accounting, reinsurance, tax, actuarial and financial reporting and analysis functions. Company restructures, internal audit evaluations, outsourcing investment accounting, annual audits, accounting and financial systems evaluations and implementations.
- Brand management, media relations, advertising and sales support, and events. Includes both offline and online solutions to support awareness, acquisition and retention strategies.
- Systems integration, upgrades and enhancements. Includes data warehousing, analytics, and technology capabilities, to support and advance the client and broker experience.
- Responsibility for corporate legal and compliance issues along with merger and acquisition efforts. Closely monitors health care industry ensuring Constellation stays abreast of emerging trends and changes that may impact policyholders or business.
- Includes attorneys, nurses, physicians, litigation support and media crisis professionals that protect the interests of policyholders. Promptly and thoroughly investigate, evaluate and dispose of a wide variety of general liability and medical professional liability claims.
- Develop new business through networking, trade show exhibits, meetings and client service visits. Aligned with a network of brokers to support sales and retention of current policyholders.
- Determines the acceptability of insurance risk, rate promulgation for each state, pricing new and renewal accounts, and developing new insurance products.