Following a successful career with KPMG, a global provider of audit, tax and advisory services, Darrell R. Tukua began a “second career” in board leadership, serving and leading on public, mutual and non-profit boards. Throughout his over 40 years in business and finance, Tukua has served on numerous non-profit boards. Tukua was honored with the Outstanding Director award in 2009 by Twin Cities Business and continues his commitment to board education and leadership as an engaged member on multiple boards in the Upper Midwest. At Constellation, he combines a passion for health care with his substantial experience in finance, risk management, governance, accounting, and more. Tukua is inspired by Constellation’s focus on and dedication to policyholders.
When he’s not in a board meeting, Tukua loves fishing, hiking and hunting in the great outdoors, enjoys sporting events—he’s especially fond of baseball and football—and spending time with family.
- BS, Accounting, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
Professional and Community Service
- Board member, Gate City Bank, Fargo, ND
- Former Board member, Capella Education Company, Minneapolis, MN
- Board member, Allina Health, Minneapolis, MN
- Board Chair, Ecumen, Shoreview, MN
- Board President, Dorothy Day Capital Corporation, Minneapolis, MN