Excess Judgment Liability
What's good for care teams is good for business
Introducing Excess Judgment Liability
Verdict protection coverage with Excess Judgment Liability helps healthcare teams optimize their risk management portfolio. By purchasing coverage specifically designed for unexpected verdicts, healthcare teams are protected from today’s increasingly litigious environment.
Who is it for?
Healthcare professionals, hospitals, physician groups and senior living organizations.
How is verdict protection coverage through an Excess Judgment Liability policy different than traditional excess coverage?
- Verdict protection coverage is discoverable but only accessible in the event of a final judgment awarded through a binding arbitration or jury verdict.
- Verdict protection coverage is offered at a reduced premium—typically 20-35% lower than traditional excess coverage.
Why should healthcare leaders consider adding an Excess Judgment Liability policy to their risk management portfolio?
Verdict protection coverage with an Excess Judgment Liability policy:
- Ensures health care professionals and organizations have the protection they need in the event of an unexpectedly high verdict resulting in a final award.
- Protects healthcare professionals and organizations from exaggerated settlement demands based on policy limits instead of patient injuries.
- Enables settlement discussions when appropriate, and earlier resolution so clinicians can continue their mission: Providing high quality, empathetic care to their patients.