Leaders who care
Board of Directors
Kourtney Kemp, MD, FACS
General Surgeon, Foregut Specialist, Specialists in General Surgery
Director, Twin Cities Heartburn Center
Quality Analyst, Specialists in General Surgery
Consultant/Foregut Faculty, Johnson & Johnson
Kourtney Kemp, MD, FACS, is a highly skilled physician and surgeon who is energized by Constellation’s purpose and is driven by the company’s dedication to helping physicians and care teams enhance their practice and reduce medical professional liability (MPL) risks. Dr. Kemp’s interest in medicine began when she worked in a research lab in college extracting compounds from medicinal plants. After graduating from Ross University School of Medicine in Dominica, she completed her residency at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. Dr. Kemp is passionate about advancements in health care and believes that by supporting care providers in working to the best of their abilities, patient and senior living resident outcomes and experiences improve.
Dr. Kemp’s talents are a great match for Constellation’s board of directors; she is excited to utilize her many years of health care experience to support growth and continued innovation in the MPL industry. In addition to her surgical practice, Dr. Kemp is an active member of several professional organizations in the Minneapolis–St. Paul area and around the world.
Away from work, Dr. Kemp enjoys trying new restaurants and playing competitive board games with her husband and four sons.
Education and Credentials
- BS, Chemistry & Mathematics, Montana Tech School of Mines, Butte, MT
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indies/Miramar, FL
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
Professional and Community Service
- Board Member of Specialists in General Surgery
- Peer Review Chair, North Memorial Health – Maple Grove
- American Foregut Society
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- Surgical Association of Gastroenterology and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Hitchcock Surgical Society, Minneapolis, MN
- International Society of Diseases of the Esophagus
- Surgical Mission Trips – Haiti, Honduras